What is telehealth?
Telehealth allows you to connect with your provider using your phone or computer, instead of coming into the office. With telehealth, you can access the advanced care available at our community health centers from the convenience of your home.
Is telehealth available for all North Star Health services?
Our list of medical and behavioral health providers who use telehealth is growing! Check with your provider to see if they offer telehealth visits.
How does a telehealth visit work?
There are two ways to connect with your provider for a telehealth visit.
- Phone Visit: Connect with your provider on the telephone.
- Video Visit: Connect with your provider using the audio and video on your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
How can I prepare for a telehealth visit?
- Make sure you know how to connect to your telehealth visit using your phone or computer.
- Write your questions down before your visit.
- Find a comfortable and private place to sit for your visit.
- Have a pen and paper so you can take notes if you need to.
Is the cost for a telehealth visit the same as an in-person visit?
There is usually no significant difference in cost between an in-person visit and a telehealth visit. However, it is important to check with your provider before scheduling a telehealth visit – and with your insurance carrier if you are insured – about telehealth coverage and cost.